Yoga Pants and Skirts

Dearest Family and Friends,

Big Privet from me in siberia!
Another crazy week in Siberia has come and gone. Time seriously flies
when you are having fun!

Highlights of the week:

Just when I thought it couldn't snow no more. It did. I literally have
never seen so much snow in my life! Every day I walk through ankle
high snow if somebody hasn't shoveled- but last night I decided to
stray from the path home and jump in to a clear spot of grass. I was
in snow up to my knees. It was great. The nice thing though- or at
least what people keep saying. If it snows. It's warm. Because it gets
to a point where it is too cold to snow. So that's comforting to hear
: ) Pray for more snow. lol. In a lesson the other day our 16 year old
ward missionary Kasoosha thanked heavenly father for the great
weather. I kind of snickered. Boy am I in for a winter!

So last week I told you how everyone was dressed up in snowsuits. The
cute little chubby kids. Guess what. It got cuter. They have SLEIGHS!
Like you see parents pulling their little kids in these little
sleighs. It's hilarious. They are all buckled it and sometimes
screaming or crying but it's adorable. They also have like ski
attachments to strollers. So instead of wheels its on skiis! I see
some people put their groceries on sleighs and walk them home. I need
to get one of these sleigh things.

Today I saw a lady wearing snow pants and high heels.

And in case you were wondering. Yoga pants fit under my skirt and into
my boots. The newest greatest idea for staying warm.

Mom- funny thing you mentioned Cinderella on broadway. (ps we have to
go when i get back) Sister Biggs and I were drinking our nightly
herbal tea and doing planning and we had the song "Lovely Night" stuck
in our heads and we went through the entire soundtrack and talked
about how much we loved the Cinderella movie with Brandi and how weird
it was that the Prince was asian and how his mom was whoopi goldberg
and that one guy with gray hair was his dad (what's his name?) and
then realized the best part was that Whitney Houston was the fairy
godmother (RIP whitney) and we got all sad for a second but sang all
the songs and then started talking about Bernadette Peters and how we
like her and Sister Biggs said she died. I don't believe that. But
will someone look that up for me? And also you should watch that movie
for me. Cause it's really good. And yes mom. I was thinking of you as
I was singing Impossible! in my best whitney houston voice!

Our 8 week english group finished and so now  we are contacting and
trying to find new people to come to english club! So we in the past
have stood out in a busy park with a sign and talked to people in
english and gotten their numbers and stuff. It's way fun. Except when
it's -9 celcius (16 farenheit). And then we met this cute kid Alexsey
he's 11. He was funny. He looked like the kid off the christmas story.
this little fuzzy hat. a little chubby and he was carrying his violin.
He talked to us for a while and then suggested we have a snowball
fight. And then this kid went crazy. For the next 45 min he kept
throwing snow balls at me and just laughing. And then he'd run away
and he just laughed and laughed and threw more snowballs. I'm not
going to lie. I threw back but then I realized that wasn't helping.
And it's not what Jesus would do. Finally the elders showed up and we
got out of it but man! The kid did not understand the words. NO. STOP.
haha.

This week I've learned alot. Unfortunately I've learned that from
mistakes. Taking the wrong bus. Spending 3 hours in traffic and
missing appointments. And other things like that. But the great thing
is. I've learned better! I feel like I've greatly increased my
knowledge and the layout of this city. The best transport options and
how to work with members. But I've realized- it's okay to make
mistakes. We learn a lot out of them and then we know better. And
thanks to the atonement of Christ we are forgiven for our weaknesses
and they are made stronger (ether 12:27) It's a pretty great thing.

But on one occassion were we spent 3 hours in traffic and got lost, we
found a subway. Like the food place. And so we decided- we missed our
appointment. Dinner and we need to head home soon. Let's eat. Make
some phone calls and figure out how to get back. While in subway I
thought of you Mom! they played this Sting song. DubStep-ified. It was
pretty catchy. I miss music alot. I can't decide if I want to get
crazy into christmas music this year. ( i know that's so not me) but
I'm not going to lie. Listening to certain christmas songs makes me a
little homesick. So i've decided to listen to christmas music that is
different from what we would normally listen to. And i'm going to make
this christmas a russian christmas and not think about christmas
traditions in america. It's going to be great! And I'm pretty sure
there will definitely be a white christmas here. I'm hoping for a
"white christmas" with my investigators too. All dressed in white in
the baptismal font! They are so ready they just need to exercise a
little more faith and heavenly father will help them make this next
step!

Speaking of holidays,
Thanksgiving was really nice. All 28 missionaries and senior couples
in NOVO had dinner at presidents house. It was really nice. And yummy.
No sweet potatoes though. I'm not going to lie. I was little
heartbroken. But they had yummy rolls! We had a little musical
interlude between dinner and dessert! Kind of reminded me of a taggart
christmas eve! It was great. Sister Biggs and I made an apple pie. We
had no pie tin so it was more like a casserole but it was delicious! I
was very impressed with our culinary skills.

Sorry this email is a little scattered and crazy but the work is
really going here. We've been very busy this week and it's just going
to get better from here! i can feel it! I love you all! Hope you had a
wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love,
Sister Carling







No comments:

Post a Comment