MTC continued

Hello Family, Friends and people!

Long time no see/talk. But man this week flew by. And was probably the
craziest week since first arriving.
Just in case you didn't know. I'm on a mission! Can you believe that?
I still can't? I'm pretty sure I won't until I arrive in Russia and
start crying cause I can't understand anything. But anyways. Here
goes.

I felt the love this week a lot! 3 packages in one day?! All the
elders think I'm spoiled. And they are right. Grandma and Grandpa are
so sweet. The elders loved the cookies and I love the socks and
markers and all the cute things you put in! So Sweet! You didn't put
your address on them so I don't know where to send a thank you card!
But I really appreciated it so much. I'm truly blessed to have a
wonderful family.
Also received a ginormous box from Catherine and opened it up and to
my surprise found 2 diet cokes a letter and this nasty orange note
telling me they confiscated my cafe rio. I wanted to cry. But I
laughed instead. Because holy moly. That is super sweet and the diet
coke and letter was enough! haha. Again the elders and i just laughed
and laughed and then day dreamed about eating cafe rio. They tried
making a pork salad here at the MTC and it was good. But nothing
compares.

Oh the 4th of July! Man alive. Super fun. We got to go to a talent
show thingy and then eat a magnum ice cream bar, watch the fireworks,
and stay up till 11:30! It was nuts! I took pictures and i'm going to
send my SD card home soon so you can see! But yeah the next day we
suffered from missionary hang over. We were so exhausted! It's amazing
what one hour can do to you! I couldn't hear the Beach Boys but we
heard the crowd and the fireworks were awesome! I hope you all had a
lovely fourth of july. Becca sent me a cute postcard to celebrate and
it had a great picture of Cody on it.

Anywho back to the craziest week of my life.

1.I'm halfway through the MTC! We are officially the oldest! It's
super weird. I still don't feel like I know anything. But next week
were are getting 4 new districts of Russians in our branch and then 3
others are going to the other Russian branch. It's crazy! That's a lot
of Russians! It's going to be sweet. They are breaking the record for
the biggest number of missionaries here at the MTC this summer. Both
in Russian Speaking, the # of sisters as well as overall. IT's going
to be nutso at the cafeteria come august. We have 2,200 here now and
there's going to be 2,900!

2.Had my first whole day of SYL (speak your language) and it wasn't
half bad. We were definitely a lot more focused and reverant! Friday
is going to be all day and we're striving for 100%

3. I got called as music coordinator. I freaked out for a split second
cause I thought i was going to be called as coordinating sister which
has a lot of responsibility but was relived to find out it's for
music. Still responsiblity but managable! It's going to be sweet cause
we have a LOT of talent in the Russian department.

4. I taught an new investigator Andrei this week and told him that the
prophet was not a butt in russian. He asked me if the prophet was like
a pope. And I ended up telling him the prophet was not a baby's
bottom. needless to say andrei burst out laughing and told me what it
meant and then I laughed so hard I was crying. So don't call anyone a
POPA in russian. Cause it means Butt.

5. Monday night at 12:30 am the fire alarm went off in our dorms. And
we had to sit in the parking lot for 30-40 minutes in our jammies. I
seriously thought the alarm was Sister Schmidtt's and stayed in bed
for a little bit thinking it would turn off but then it just got
louder and louder and louder. haha. It was a pretty exciting night.

6. Then at 2 am some Asian sisters who had just barely arrived to the
MTC were confused at which room was theirs! They waltzed in speaking
some asian dialect and flipped on the light switch and then said OH!
and ran out. Then another one did it 2 minutes later! And ran out
saying SORRY SORRY SORRY! haha. It was pretty hilarious.

7. I went into the real world on tuesday. Sister Biggs my companion
has been having problems with her arm lately and the MTC doctor sent
us to the hospital to get an ultra sound. We took the MTC shuttle and
drove through Provo. It felt sooooo weird. We were literally a block
from my old apartment. I was freaking out. Also I heard Call Me Maybe
on this ladies cell phone and I wanted to dance soo bad! haha. It was
strange. I was like Oh my gosh! Worldy music! But everyone at the
hospital was soo sweet and so nice. They all asked us where we were
going and where we were from. One lady even offered us a ride. We
should have taken her up on that offer and made a trip to wendy's for
a frosty! haha But It was nice coming back into the safe confines of
the MTC. Oh I saw Leah Davis walking down the street on my way back.
It was super weird. There is real life outside of the MTC!

8. We had to move! Once our older roommates moved out they made the 4
of us move 3 doors down into another room so they could turn our room
into an early arrival room. I don't understand why they didn't make
the 2 sisters down the hall move into our room but whatever! I got a
bigger closet and it's all good! The sisters are in the other russian
branch and they are very sweet! So all is well! Plus i better get used
to moving every 6 weeks anyways!

9. My teacher Bro. Barnes quoted That Thing You Do. And I instantly
thought of all you! "I quit, I quit, I quit. I quit Mr. White!" Elder
Betteridge was the only one who knew the quote. Another reason why
he's my favorite.

That pretty much sums up my week. Shout out to all my drooogs (russian
from friends-phonetically spelt of course). I'd love to hear from you
and what you are doing!

Congrats to Schuyler! That's awesome! marriage is important!
especially temple marriage! I'm pretty sure when I get back I'm going
to be so awkward I won't get married but whatever. It'll happen!

Aaron. I can't believe you had a gig at OTL! Congrats! i'm bummed I
couldn't be there cheering you on. but holy moly 64$$$$! You're
totally rich now! Let's all have a gig when I get back k? We can sing
Christmas Songs : ) and Church songs of course. Cause i won't be able
to listen to worldy music yet. hahah

Mom- I loved your joke about running into Alyssa and she's okay. she's
not hurt. Looks like ethan and aaron are rubbing off on you! You can
send my bank card and I can call them no worries. I might not do it
till I'm in the airport on August 21st but I'll get it done. No
worries. You should send some Salt and Vinegar chips too pretty
please. They sound really good right now. haha. Oh and tell Sister
Rich i totally know her nephew! He was in our branch! Super funny. he
told us all the in's and out's of the cafeteria. Ethan avoid the
orange juice- it will mess you up! as well as all mexican! Seriously.
I don't know if i can stand the food for 6 more weeks. But oh wells!
It's all good.But yeah he left and so I didn't get the chance to tell
him about Sis. Rich! Oh wells!

I love you all! Thanks so much for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment