Goodbyes. New Transfer. And lots of snow.


Dearest Family and other people who love me,

I feel like everyweek I say this, but this week has been CRAZY! Crazy
awesome and crazy good of course. Siberia is just heating up- with
missionary work that is!

So in case you were wondering about the title. SNEG- or spelled in
Russian- снег - is snow. And man alive. I'm pretty sure I've never
seen more of it in my life. For reals. Don't worry folks. I'm still
fine and dandy and warm actually. It's only -3 celcius. And with my
coat and walking around I actually sweat sometimes. But It's been
snowing the perfect snow man making snow EVERY DAY this week. At least
just a little bit. There's probably at least a foot or two of snow on
the ground. The shovel it but then it just piles up again. The sides
of the road have HUGE mountains of shoveled snow. I kept thinking to
myself. What are they going to do the rest of the winter? Is it just
going to keep piling up? But lo and behold last night I found my
answer. They use BULL DOZERS! I saw this huge bull dozer scooping up
snow near the office and putting into huge garbage like trucks and
then they drive away with the snow. i don't know where it goes but at
least it's not in the parking lot anymore.

It's actually quite adorable. All this snow. I feel like I'm in a
Christmas movie. Mom you would love it. All these little kids bundled
up in snow suits. Just like on the "Christmas Story" I'm not kidding-
this kids are fat. haha. And the parents have snow suits too. I'm
hoping I can convince president gibbons to let me wear a snow suit in
January when I'm contacting. But the people are LOVING this weather.
Everyone keeps saying It's so warm today. In Montana everyone would be
dying. haha. And complaining about how much snow there is but you see
families out walking around all bundled up and playing in the snow and
making snow men and snow bears! It's great. I try and go talk to them
while they are building but they always think I'm crazy/ creepy. But I
have this idea for a contacting activity. I'm going to make a Snow
temple and a snow family and then as people walk by tell them how they
can be with their families for ever. Genius right? I thought so too.

This week We had 5 sisters living us. Tuesday morning I get a call
from the office elders saying. "Hey, so just so you know the Omsk
sisters are going to be at your appartment in like 5 minutes." I'm
like hmm. Well alright! Sister Barnes and my companion were flying out
to Kazakstahn on Saturday and Sister Thornhill is training but her new
companion from the MTC doesn't come until this week cause of visa
issues. So we got to chill all week together but then Sister Biggs my
new companion came to move in this week too. let me tell you it was
nuts. Having basically all of my best friends at my house and doing
missionary work couldn't get any better. Except for the fact that we
needed to find plans for 2 companionships and say good bye to all of
the people sister barlow wanted to see not to mention she had to pack,
and sister biggs needed to unpack. But all is well. I had to learn
patience this week. And humility. Despite all of my awesome planning
things do not go according to plan and you just have to deal with it
and roll with the punches. But we said Dosveedanya to Barnes and
Barlow and they are in the warm and sunny city of Almaty and for now
its just Biggs and Thornhill and I. That is untill Wednesday when all
the new missionaries from the MTC get here.

This week is Thanksgiving! I'm very lucky and blessed to be in
Novosibirsk because I get to have dinner at Presidents house! And that
means it's going to be real thanksgiving dinner. Other cities are
doing their own thing- and own cooking so I kind of feel bad for them.
But since it's the week of Thanksgiving and a holiday of gratitude I
just want to bear my testimony. Because I'm grateful for my Testimony.
I'm grateful for all that the Lord has blessed me with. It's pretty
crazy how much he's done for us. And every day I understand that a
little bit more and more and it seriously blows my mind! It's nuts!
I'm so grateful for my family and that we are sealed together forever.
I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon and the truth it contains. I'm
grateful for the Prophet Joseph Smith and his courage and obedience
and the fact that he restored the true church of God onto the earth.
I'm grateful for our savior, for his atoning sacrifice. It's amazing
that the atonement is not only for retaining remission of our sins but
also a strengthing gift. If we rely on the atonement we can become
better people, the Lord can make our weaknesses strong (Ether 12:27).
I'm grateful for a living prophet today who leads and guides us. I'm
grateful for the chance I have to serve a mission. To serve these
humble people of Siberia. I'm grateful for wool, for keeping me warm.
I'm grateful for the animals who gave their lives to keep me warm on
my hat and coat. I'm grateful for Russian bread and it's
deliciousness. I'm grateful for this branch I'm working with and the
friendly and loving babooshkas who are taking care of me while I'm
away from home. I'm grateful for snow! Because it's beautiful! I'm
grateful for computers because even though I'm far away I can still
talk to you guys and you can talk to me! I have a million other things
I'm grateful for but I'm gonna save you the time from reading this
really long letter. But I love you all and I challenge you all to
think about what you are grateful for this week. And to think about
all the many wonderful blessings the lord has given you. Because there
are a lot!

love your favorite sister missionary,









No comments:

Post a Comment