3 cats and Britney Spears

Hello everyone!
How is the fall in the states? It's beautiful here! Just a lot
colder... But I'm not complaining! Yet...... I need to figure out
celcius. Cause apparently it's 2 degrees outside. That sounds freaking
cold to me. But I guess it's like 30ish or 40ish. But when you spend 6
hours in it, there's definitely a difference!

This week has been long... Not going to lie. Like I mentioned last
week, we have 2 Russian speaking people living in our house. And
serving with us. You think having 2 companionships we'd get twice as
much work done but it seems to have set us back 3 steps. It's hard to
plan and find people to meet with and also teach them because let's
just say they have different views of missionary work than we do....
However I'm not going to lie, I haven't laughed this much in a long
time. Between the crazy translations and the crazy food and things
they say we all find a way to just sit and laugh. I love them. And I
will defnitely miss them come next week when they leave.

Because we have 2 companionships not all of us get awesome lessons
everyday. Which means lots of time contacting and visiting with
members and inactives. The problem is if you call them they tell you
they can't meet. They are working. But if you drop by they are usually
there. But with people with no numbers and no information about them
we spend the day walking around Novo trying to find where they live.
This week we went and knocked on the door of a former investigator and
her poor grandson opened the door and told us she died. Needless to
say it was really awkward. We should have taught the plan of salvation
or something but instead we just left.... not my finest moment.
Anyways lots of time walking around trying to find people. It's great!

Just in case you were all wondering what it feels like to be me. Put
on 2 or 3 pairs of tights and walk around all day talking to people.
It's fun but not very comfy... Also Sister Barlow and I have decided
to start no shave november in october. And it's also going to last all
winter. So stay tuned for some sweet pics. haha. But you don't have to
worry about it sticking through your tights because you wear multiple
pairs!

I'm including some pictures. We went shopping for shopkas! I bought
this beautiful white fox shopka. I was assured that it's easy to clean
and it won't get dirty! It was very fun looking at all of them. I felt
a little retarded with some of them on but everyone assured me that
I'll fit right in and it will be nice and warm! I also got boots and
today we are looking for a coat. I kind of got that all in reverse
order but I want to make sure my coat is going to be great. It's going
to be -40 celcius this winter! AGGGHHHH! So yeah Mom you should
probably look at my bank account cause I'm not bargain shopping on
winter stuff.....

So now you are wondering what this title has to do with anything. Once
upon a time Sister Talax and I visited Olga Green house. An inactive
member but super great. She lives in a green house in case you missed
that. But really it's a tiny apartment on the third floor of a green
house thing. Anywhoo. It's a tiny apartment and she has 4 cats. I
spent the first part of the lesson listening to her and Sister Talax
go off about their cats. And the breed and their lives. I'm not really
sure. But then we got to learn all of their names. 3 of them I can't
remember. Something russian sounding of course. But the 4th cat is
named Britney Spears! it was hilarious. Olga is a girl after my taste.
I remember getting that sweet britney spears barbie doll and stuff for
like my 8th birthday or something. It got me reminicing. Although I
love Britney Spears, or at least the Britney Spears before she shaved
her head, I will never name a cat after her. haha.

We got to watch General Conference! Oh man, I cried a little to myself
once it started and I heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! I felt at
home! Only thing missing were some Cinnamon Rolls! I didn't realize
how much I really needed it. And how much everyone needs to listen to
it! Here I was all the way across the world from Utah, from my family.
Yet I was listening to the words of the prophet and his apostles! I
never realize how much I took for granted the greatness of conference.
Think about it. Prophets are called by God. They are messengers of
God's will. We get to listen to them every six months. And what they
speak is what God wants us to hear! It's incredible! All the
missionaries got to watch it in English on this projector and then the
ward was in the chapel watching it there in russian. It was wonderful.
All of the talks and all of the music was so great! I wrote down some
questions I had about life and about how to improve and how to help my
investigators and literally all of them were answered! Isn't that
great! And also all of the talks were so relevant for the trials the
people I'm working with are going through. Jenya lost her son 6 months
ago and there were several talks about losing children! Anywhoo it's
great. I love it! It was just the uplift and inspiration I needed to
be refreshed have new perspective and to get out and help people! I
encourage you all to watch it. And read it. And study it. Conference
is a literal set of scriptures and inspiration for us personally!
We've got to use it!

I want you all to know that I know Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet
today. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he
restored the true gospel to this earth. I know that he saw Heavenly
Father and his son Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is
true. And that it is an incredible book and it's for our day and if we
read it we will come closer to God and we can also find answers to our
questions. Whether big or small! I love you all and I know this church
is true! I encourage you all to find out for yourselves whether or not
this church is true and to ask again and again! I know that God hears
and answers our prayers! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen!

Love you all,
Sister Carling

No comments:

Post a Comment