Week 6

Well hello family! It's that time of the week again! Glorious P-Day!

I'm hoping you're still alive since the only people I've heard from is
Becca and Jessica. Good to know my extended family loves me!

This week was not as exciting as last. I think it's because the
routine has sunk in and class is class. You know?

Thursday I was able to do Plan Study Teach Cycle with Sister
Kuznetsova one of the teachers who is actually from Russia! It was
pretty cool. Only downside I couldn't understand her. I can understand
pretty much all the teachers because 1. They are American. 2. They
speak slower. So it was interesting but a very cool experience. It's
supposed to mimick what it's like to have a senior companion in the
field who knows the language and you study and teach together and do
the morning routine. We taught a nice lesson on Lesson 3 and let me
tell you it's nice when you're companion knows how to respond to
questions that you didn't understand! But for some reason I felt off
that day and after the lesson she was like What's wrong? And I just
started crying. I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. And
also the fact that I'm a girl. I was just feeling emotional for no
reason and she's like is everything okay with your family? And your
companion? And I told her yep I literally have no idea why I'm crying.
I think I was just exhausted in every sense of the word. Emotionally,
Physically, Spiritually etc. But It was nice. She let me have a melt
down in the class for 10 min and then I cleaned up and went back to
work! I was also super grateful for the Diet Coke Catherine sent. It
was a nice pick me up! lol But what really lifted my spirits was the
package from Jessica and Anna! It was sooo sweet! And soo cute! Full
of girly pens and sharpies and duct tape and nail polish and lip
gloss(which i'm now obsessed with Thanks Jess!) And face masks and
lots of treats. It was really sweet. Especially after that terrible
day.

Friday was probably the longest day of my life. Schedule wise it's
terrible. We have gym 1st thing in the morning and then class and
class and class. Not anything to look forward to really. And it was
SYL again. And we did really well. I'm pretty sure I didn't say more
than like 2 sentances in english all day. But because of that I was
exhuasted! It takes forever to talk about things and then listening is
tough too! I looked at my watch and it felt like 8 o clock and it was
only 3! I wanted to cry. But I didn't. We survived the day and then
Sister Biggs and I did facemasks that Jessie sent me.

It rained this weekend! Which was really nice! I've been burning up.
I'm constantly melting in our tiny classroom. And C. Biggs is one of
those people who is always cold so she hates it when the fan is on us.
We are literally opposite in EVERY way. But I still love her. It's
actually quite comical how different we are.

Becca sent me lovely pictures. I'm pretty sure I looked at them like
10 times that day. I love the 4th of July shot of Ethan Anna and Sam.
I showed the Elders and they thought it was histerical. They are also
super excited for ethan to get her! But I'm more excited! Ethan you
have to tell me everything that's going on in your life! And ask me
questions!

Sunday was the best day of this week. In the MTC it is definitely the
most relaxing day. I know in the field that perspective will change.
But we watched Music and The Spoken Word- and I just love it sooooo
much! I want to be in MOTAB soo bad! But I don't want to live in Utah.
So we'll see how that goes. We had a lovely sacrament and I found a
lovely musical number of Elder Major on the Cello and Elder Claypool
on piano. I'd like to take all the credit as music coordinator but it
was all them.

Random! I sat next to Jared Black's old mission president in the
cafeteria on sunday. What a sweet man! He loves Jared lots and asked
me how he's doing and about Montana and told me about the Phillipines.
Pretty funny. This world. the mormon world that is. Is sooo small!

Sunday night fireside we had Jenny Oaks Baker! She is crazy talented.
Seriously the best violin I've ever heard. She has 4 kids and they all
play instruments too! It was incredible. She has 3 daughters 9, 8 and
6 and a 5 year old son. They played I'm a Child of God on Piano,
Violin, Cello and the little boy played classical guitar. And this was
not your average I'm A Child of God. It was hardcore! I'm pretty sure
I want my children to be like that. It was the cutest thing I've ever
seen.

We also got to watch Legacy Sunday night. Have you seen that movie?
Holy cow it is probably the cheesiest thing I've ever seen! I was
laughing the entire time. I'm pretty sure Sister Biggs wanted to punch
me! I can already tell I'm becoming an awkward missionary because
whenever they kissed I closed my eyes. It was so awkward! But in
reality it's probably me who's awkward.

The Language is going well. It's rough though. I feel like I've hit a
plateau in my development but if I keep cranking it out and studying
hard I know I can learn more!
I memorized the first vison! It is crazy. I can't wait to say it to
you in RUSSIAN!

Yesterday Sister Biggs had to go to the doctor to get more tests on
her arm and they wouldn't let me come! Some sweet older sister was her
temporary companion and I was left alone with my Body Guards Aka Elder
Bunnell (played football for Dixie) and Elder Betteridge. It was the
weirdest 3 hours of my life. I'm not going to lie, I've been craving
some alone time but it felt completely wrong! And I had to plan a
lesson all by myself. lol. Sad day. But good news is they should
figure out what's wrong with her and hopefully get it fixed before we
head to the mother land.

Also I've decided I want "This is the Christ" to be sung at my
funeral. We sang it for devotional last night and I was practically in
tears. It is soo powerful. Ponder these lyrics "With saints of old, I
too can testify. This is the Christ!" Even with those saints who felt
the wounds in his hands and side we can know Jesus is the Christ too!
I also love these lyrics "How many drops of blood were shed for me?"
I'm so grateful for this gospel and especially the atonement of Jesus
Christ. It is truly incredible. I feel like crying every time I think
about how much our savior loves us. And also how intimately and
infinitely he knows us. We are soooooooo blessed!

Anywhoo. I hope you are all doing well. I would love to hear from you.
(selfish plug) I love you all so much so please update me on your
lives! Especially before I head to siberia and will probably never be
heard from again!

The Church is true!

Cectpa Carling

P.S- I apologize for any spelling and grammatical mistakes. I've lost
my mind learning russian and I hope to gain it back someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment