The Beginning

Hello Family!
Remember me? Your long lost russian daughter? I hope you are all doing well. The MTC is AMAZING! It's been quite the experience! I wrote you a hand written letter with lots of details about my first day and you should be getting it soon. Basically I was chucked into Russian 10 minutes after getting here. And needless to say it was awesome. I was laughing the whole time cause I had NO IDEA what they were saying, however turns out I'm really good at playing charades because I understood the meaning behind all that Bro. Barnes was saying! My companion is Cectpa Biggs and she's from Ohio and everywhere around the world like Africa, Qatar, Arizona, etc. My district is awesome. There are 10 of us, 9 Elders and 2 sisters. 4 going to Novosibirsk (me, Biggs, Bunnell, and Betteridge) 4 going to the Baltics- Lithuania, etc. (Elder Takasaki, Fox, McCaffrey, Hansen) and 2 going to Samara Russia Elders Bateman and Breiden. They are so fun and crazy, and we all get along well. The language is HARD! Holy moly. I still am trying to comprehend why Heavenly Father thinks I am capable of this but I just have to trust him cause he knows whats up! But the gift of tongues is real because after only a week I can say my prayers, testimony, and get to know someone in very basic Russian! It's pretty incredible. Our second day we had to teach an "Investigator" and it's unreal. I basically slaughter the lesson I wrote down and then bear a very basic testimony over and over. We've taught him 4 times already and he is slowly understanding!
 
The Russian department is awesome. Our branch is super unified. We all sit together behind "The Iron Curtain" in the cafeteria. Apparently the Russian people are way into singing even though they aren't very good. So we sing ALOT of hymns. I bought a russian hymnal and we sing every day and every saturday night as a whole branch. It's very cool. We also have been reading a verse of the book of mormon every day and our branch president promised if we do it till the end we'll be fluent. We're going to be here soo long we have to like each other and have fun. Remember the sister we saw at Kneaders? She's way cool. Cectpa Helsten.
 
Anywhoo. Life is great. It´s amazing the spirit that is here and the comradery. But 12 weeks is still a long time... But it will be awesome when ETHAN COMES ON THE 8TH! THE PHILLIPINES? No way. I haven´t even heard of that mission! Or the language! But that is so awesome. I´m so excited slash proud of you Eef!
 
Speaking of Eef, I saw your buddy Jordan. He´s doing well and he told me to find him and tell him when you got your call but I haven´t seen him since Sunday. But I´ve seen alot of other people. It´s pretty fun! My friend McCall Magness, Kathryn Jones,  Missy Hodgkins, and Erika Hawkins (shes going to russia! different branch though) as well as several  teachers such as Catherine's roommate Kelsey Jones, Justin Call and Bennett Forbes. It's pretty fun and really nice to see friendly faces in the MTC. Even though everyone is friendly, but you know what I mean.
 
But anywhoo I'm doing well. I do miss you all and love getting letters. Also word to the wise. Use DEAR ELDER! I get the letters the same day and it's just very nice. And it's free for the rest of my mission! I can only write on wednesdays so try to write early in the week and I'll try my best to write you back. I never understood why some of my friends didn't write me but now I totally understand. There is never enough time in the day!
 
Also it would be greatly appreciated if you could send a package stuffed with study goodies? Like cute folders, notebooks, construction paper, markers and colored pencils? We have A LOT of studying and it makes it more fun with colored things and also to decorate and label the classroom in russian. Since we spend 10 hrs a day in there.... Oh and maybe some candy : ) ?
 
I took pictures of our temple walk with our district and of my companion and when I have more time I will for sure send them to you!
 
Gahhh I love you all and am so excited to hear from you!
 
до свидоня!
 
That's goodbye. hahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment